* Note the app hasn't reached it's full potential and I am constantly working to improve performance and fix bugs. Please be patient and ready to play with different settings, and report issues on the forum. Cheers! Trinus Gyre streams video to your Android device, and head tracking data to your PC so that you can play your favourite computer games in a VR enhanced way.
Combining the Android device you already have and a headmount like Google Cardboard (or any other currently available) you can enjoy a Virtual Reality experience similar to that of dedicated systems, at a fraction of the cost.
This version has a limited runtime of 10 minutes in one go (you can run it as many times as you want), just to verify it will work with your computer, Android device and favourite games. I highly recommend downloading this free test version before considering buying the full one, as it might not work for your setup.
Instructions on how to use, as well as server app download can be found at http://oddsheepgames.com/trinus
Please contact me or visit the forum (http://oddsheepgames.com/?page_id=208) if you are having issues with the app.
Like Trinus Gyre? show it on on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/trinusgyre
- Wireless video streaming, allowing complete freedom to rotate. Or...
- USB video streaming, for improved performance
- Sensor data streaming for headtracking. Currently supporting mouse emulation, FreeTrack/TrackIR VR protocol or use of external tools (opentrack or FreePie)
- Fake 3D (for games not supporting stereoscopic mode)
- Adjustable lens barrel distortion to match your specific headmount lenses
- Optional direct wifi connection (no router required). Note that this option won't work on all systems. Use router if having issues with direct wifi.
- Limited to 10 minutes per session (paid version is unlimited)
- A Windows Computer (high end recommended)
- Google Cardboard or similar (there are plenty of good quality headsets available online)
- The server app, which you can download from here: http://oddsheepgames.com/trinus?download